Rayo Vallecano President eyes shock move for Cristiano Ronaldo

Raúl Martín Presa, president of Rayo Vallecano, has expressed his ambition to sign Cristiano Ronaldo if the Portuguese superstar becomes available this summer. The 39-year-old is reportedly set to leave Al Nassr, and Presa told Radio Marca he would “personally travel to Arabia” to negotiate a deal.

While Ronaldo has not confirmed his next move, Presa’s bold statement comes as Rayo celebrates their Conference League qualification after a strong La Liga campaign.

The Madrid-based club now faces the challenge of balancing domestic survival with European competition.

Presa acknowledged the financial hurdles of signing a global icon like Ronaldo but emphasized the club’s growing ambition. “We must be realistic, but football is full of surprises,” he said.

The audacious bid, though unlikely, has sparked excitement among fans. Should Ronaldo who began his career in Portugal’s second division consider a return to modest surroundings, it would mark a stunning career twist.

For now, Rayo remains focused on consolidating their progress while dreaming big.

Posts Grid

Mali faces coaching uncertainty amid Football Federation crisis

Malian football remains in limbo as the country awaits the date of an extraordinary general assembly to elect a new executive board for the football...

AFCON 2027 to kick off in June/July as CAF dismisses postponement rumors

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has confirmed that the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations will proceed as scheduled in June and July next year,...

Football/ Senegalese Football Federation in Financial Limbo despite historic success

Fresh from its Africa Cup of Nations victory and 2026 World Cup qualification, the Senegalese Football Federation (FSF) faces a cash-flow crisis, awaiting nearly €18...

Burkina Faso launches search for new national Football coach

Following the dismissal of head coach Brama Traoré last month, the Burkinabe Football Federation (BFF) has officially opened the recruitment process for his successor. Traoré...

Justice Delayed: Lawyers’ strike postpones trial for AFCON 2025 supporters in Morocco

The trial for 18 football supporters arrested after the chaotic 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) final has been postponed. Originally scheduled for February 5,...

Benzema joins Al Hilal in late Saudi League Shakeup, prompting Ronaldo protest

In a dramatic deadline-day move, Ballon d'Or winner Karim Benzema has left Al Ittihad to join Saudi Pro League rivals Al Hilal, the club confirmed...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *