Burkina Faso: Launch of the 2025 Baccalaureate Exams at Bambata High School by Minister of State Ismaël Sombié

At the Municipal High School Bambata in Ouagadougou, the official start of the written exams for the 2025 baccalaureate session in Burkina Faso was given on Tuesday, June 24, 2025. The launch was conducted in the presence of a government delegation led by the Minister of State in charge of Agriculture, Mr. Ismaël Sombié. This year, a total of 112,985 candidates are taking part in the exams nationwide, representing a decrease of 7,899 compared to the previous year.

Words of advice and encouragement were delivered to the candidates as the first exam envelope was opened. The candidates were told: “We came here to give them a message of encouragement. Be calm, be focused. Read the questions carefully, take your time answering, and you’ll see that everything will go well,” said Minister Ismaël Sombié. He also emphasized the importance of avoiding cheating during the exams in order to embody the values of honesty promoted by the authorities. “We are here to share the message of our country’s leadership: we want Burkinabè citizens to be dignified, to be people of integrity.”

Among the candidates, there are 52,506 boys and 60,362 girls, divided among 460 examination boards. The Central Region has the highest number of candidates with 32,527, followed by the Hauts-Bassins Region with 18,299. The participation rate of girls this year stands at 53.48%.

Sadia Nyaoré

Posts Grid

Mali faces coaching uncertainty amid Football Federation crisis

Malian football remains in limbo as the country awaits the date of an extraordinary general assembly to elect a new executive board for the football...

AFCON 2027 to kick off in June/July as CAF dismisses postponement rumors

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has confirmed that the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations will proceed as scheduled in June and July next year,...

Football/ Senegalese Football Federation in Financial Limbo despite historic success

Fresh from its Africa Cup of Nations victory and 2026 World Cup qualification, the Senegalese Football Federation (FSF) faces a cash-flow crisis, awaiting nearly €18...

Burkina Faso launches search for new national Football coach

Following the dismissal of head coach Brama Traoré last month, the Burkinabe Football Federation (BFF) has officially opened the recruitment process for his successor. Traoré...

Justice Delayed: Lawyers’ strike postpones trial for AFCON 2025 supporters in Morocco

The trial for 18 football supporters arrested after the chaotic 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) final has been postponed. Originally scheduled for February 5,...

Benzema joins Al Hilal in late Saudi League Shakeup, prompting Ronaldo protest

In a dramatic deadline-day move, Ballon d'Or winner Karim Benzema has left Al Ittihad to join Saudi Pro League rivals Al Hilal, the club confirmed...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *